Dr. Ritu Nambiar is a Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynecology with 31 years of experience. She completed her Bachelor’s degree in Medicine from Madras University, Chennai, India. On successfully qualifying for the United States Medical Licensing Examination, she further pursued MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, India. She is a Diplomate of National Board of India in Obstetrics and Gynecology and was awarded Fellowship of National Board of Exams with two years exclusive training in ART/Endoscopy. Dr. Ritu is a Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Dr. Nambiar began her career as a Medical Officer at MES Medical Mission Hospital, Rural Wayanad, Kerala, India. Before moving to UAE, she worked in well-known hospitals in India and Saudi Arabia as Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology and as a Consultant in Reproductive Medicine. In 2009, she moved to UAE, where she had the opportunity to practice in renowned hospitals including Al Rabha Hospital, Ruwais Hospital ADNOC and NMC Royal Hospital. Dr. Ritu is highly skilled in independently managing major and minor obstetrics and gynecological procedures, operative hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, cervical cancer screening with colposcopy and procedures, transvaginal endosonographic, and comprehensive couple management of infertility. Dr. Ritu has been well-recognized for her work at the hospitals wherever she worked. She has presented various papers and attended workshops as part of self-development of technical knowledge and skills.
Awards & Achievements
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine Under the National Board Of India – Successful in the National Selection – Recipient of ‘Doctor of the Year’ Award
- Recipient of the ‘Doctor of the Year Award’ from the Management of Al Warood Medical Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – for the Department of Reproductive Medicine
- Received the Certificate of Excellence- Employee of the Year, in January 2011 - for ‘the Most Productive Department of Al Rahba Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department., Al Rahba Hospital
- Received Employee of the Year in 2012 Al Rahba Hospital
- Silver Award - Transformational Event Across Seha - 2014 - Work on Gestational Diabetes
- Best Employee in Technical/ Professional (Physicians) Category Awarded by Seha Corporate Management Committee
Education & Training
- Fellowship in Reproductive medicine- CMC Vellore/National Board of India (FNB).
- Diplomate of the National Board of India (DNB) in Obstetrics & Gynecology (Ministry of Health, India)
- MD in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Sri Ramchandra Medical College and Research Institute, Deemed University, Chennai, India.
- MBBS – Madras University, Chennai, India.
- Colposcopy diagnostic and therapeutic
- Major and minor obstetric and gynecological procedures, repairs
- Cancer Screening
- Fertility management
- High Risk Obstetrics and Gynecology, Level 1 hysterolaparoscopy
- Member of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, UK