Dr. Biju George has more than 25 years of experience in internal medicine and clinical hematology. He has performed over 200 haploidentical transplants and has experience in managing patients suffering from both benign and malignant hematological illnesses, acute leukemias such as AML and ALL, chronic leukemias such as CML, multiple myeloma, Non-Hodgkin’s, Hodgkin lymphoma and non-malignant diseases such as Aplastic anemia and Fanconi anemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, hemoglobinopathies such as thalassemia and sickle cell anemiaand ITP. Before joining Burjeel Medical City, Abu Dhabi, Dr. Biju George was a Professor in the Department of Haematology at CMC Vellore and earlier he served as a Clinical Fellow at Westmead Hospital, Sydney. He started his career as Resident Medical Officer at Methodist Public Health Centre, Mursan, UP back in 1992. Further, he also worked as a Non-Post Graduate registrar in the Department of Hematology at CMC Vellore in 1994.
Awards & Achievements
- MD in Internal Medicine 1998
- DM in Clinical Haematology 2002
- Registered with NSW Medical Board, Australia 2007
Research & Publications
- He has more than 250 publications in peer reviewed journal and is the reviewer for several journals.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s in medicine& Bachelor in Surgery (MBBS) - Madras University 1990
- MD (Internal Medicine) - Dr. MGR University, 1998
- DM (Clinical Haematology) - Dr. MGR University, 2002
- Indian Society of Haematology and Transfusion Medicine (ISHTM)
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT)
- Asia Pacific Bone Marrow Transplantation (APBMT)
- American Society of Haematology (ASH)
- International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT)