Dr. Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan is an Orthopedic Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine Surgeon at Burjeel Medical Centre, Al Zeina, with over 13 years of experience in the comprehensive management of joint and sports medicine-related problems, with a strong emphasis on academics and research. He earned his MBBS from the prestigious Kasturba Medical College in Manipal. After completing his residency in orthopedic surgery at the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College of Aligarh Muslim University with a Gold Medal, he received training in joint replacement, sports medicine, and computer navigation surgery at various prestigious institutes in the United Kingdom and South Korea, including the Golden Jubilee National Hospital in Glasgow. His areas of expertise include primary and complex joint replacement surgery, revision joint replacement surgery, computer-assisted orthopedic surgery, high tibial osteotomy, sports injuries, and trauma, as well as regenerative medicine techniques such as platelet-rich plasma and stem cell therapy. Dr. M. Shahnawaz Khan is a clinical physician interested in research and education. He is the author of numerous peer-reviewed international publications. He has spoken at over a dozen international and national conferences. He was a Faculty Member at the University of Dundee’s Cadaveric Computer Navigated Knee and Hip Arthroplasty Course.
Awards & Achievements
- Dr. M. Salman Ali Gold Medal: Best Performance in MS Orthopedics Examination. JNMCH, AMU, Aligarh
- Knee Society Award: Best Paper. "In Vivo Laxity of Stable Versus Anterior Cruciate Ligament-Injured Knees Using a Navigation System: A Comparative Study," Spring Congress of Korean Knee Society, Asan Medical Centre, Seoul
- International Medical Graduate Fellowship: Awarded the Prestigious IMG Glasgow Fellowship offered Jointly by the Indian Orthopedic Association and GJNH, Glasgow, and Sponsored by Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Young Investigator Award: Best Paper Award Hip. "Assessment of Accuracy of Anterior Pelvic Plane in Computer Navigated Total Hip Arthroplasty," Indian Arthroplasty Association Meet, 1st Decade Conclave, Jaipur
- Best E-Poster Award: "Axis for Rotational Alignment of Tibial Component in Total Knee Arthroplasty." Indian Arthroplasty Association Meet, 1st Decade Conclave, Jaipur
Research & Publications
- Comparison of Classical and Anatomical Total Knee Alignment Methods in Robotic Total Knee Arthroplasty: Classical and Anatomical Knee Alignment Methods in TKA. Ji-Hyun Yim, Eun-Kyoo Song, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Zhen hui Sun and Jong-Keun Seon. The Journal of Arthroplasty. Volume 28, Issue 6/ June 2013; 932-937.
- Assessment of the accuracy of computer navigation in total hip arthroplasty. Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Stuart Goudie and Kamal Deep Bone and Joint Journal (JBJS Br). Volume 96-B (SUPP 18), 2014;19.
- Risk factors for anterior cruciate ligament injury: assessment of tibial plateau anatomic variables on conventional MRI using a new combined method. Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Jong Keun Seon and Eun Kyoo Song. International Orthopedics. Volume 35, Number 8/ August, 2011; 1251-1256.
- Rotational Profile of Lower Limb and Axis for Tibial Component Alignment in Varus Osteoarthritic Knees. Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Jong Keun Seon and Eun Kyoo Song. Journal of Arthroplasty. Volume 27, Issue 5/ May, 2012; 797-802.
- Wear Pattern of Femorotibial Compartments in Osteoarthritic Knees with Varus, Neutral, and Valgus Alignment. Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Latif Jafar Zilani, and Kamal Deep. Bone and Joint Journal (JBJS Br). Volume 95-B (SUPP 28), 2013; 46.
- Role of valgus osteotomy and fixation with dynamic hip screw and 120° double angle barrel plate in managing neglected and ununited femoral neck fracture in young patients. Abdul Qayyum Khan, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Mohammed Khalid Anwar Sherwani, and Rahul Agarwal. Journal of Orthopedics and Traumatology. Volume 10, Number 2 / June, 2009; 71-78.
- Assessment of precision and accuracy of computer navigation in total hip arthroplasty. Kamal Deep, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, and Stuart Goudie Bone and Joint Journal (JBJS Br). Volume 95-B (SUPP 28), 2013; 47.
- Comparison of computer navigated versus non navigated techniques in leg length restoration in total hip arthroplasty. Biju Sankar, Kamal Deep, Manish Changulani, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, Sami Atiya and Angela. Deakin Bone and Joint Journal (JBJS Br). Volume 95-B (SUPP 28), 2013; 45.
- Effect of Traditional Sequential Medial Soft Tissue Release on Knee Kinematics and Alignment. Kamal Deep, Siobhan Duffy, Mrinal Sharma, Stuart Goudie, Mohammad Shahnawaz Khan, and A Payne. MOJ Orthopedics & Rheumatology. Volume 4, 2016; Issue 6.