international patient facilities
About Burjeel Hospital
Burjeel Hospital is a leading integrated healthcare delivery provider, present in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. We are driven by the motto of 'art of healing' through which our aim is to deliver outstanding healthcare combined with a healing touch. The hospital is accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) which assures patients of exceptional quality of care.
Burjeel Hospital, Abu Dhabi, has won many awards like "Arabian Business Healthcare of the Year", Best Sustainable Hospital, Best Laboratory Design by Hospital Build and Infrastructure, etc. These awards reflect the hospital's constant drive towards excellence as they are decided after rating hospitals on a number of parameters like medical quality, international patient management & marketing, value for service, patient safety & security, transparency, attention paid to unique needs, alliances, etc.
Clinical Expertise is committed to providing patients with a comprehensive range of tertiary and secondary care services backed by state of the art technology, infrastructure and trained clinicians. Our facilities are strongly backed by the support of:
- Highly skilled, specially trained and dedicated team of medical professionals
- State-of-the-art Operation Theatres (OT) equipped with the latest equipment and laminar airflow systems, to maintain internationally accepted sterility norms that minimize the risk of infection
- 64 Slice CT, High End MRI, Neuro-navigation Surgical Systems
- 3-Tesla MRI
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic procedures covering Angioplasty, Stenting, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Insertion and Pacemaker Insertions
- Neuro-physiology, Specialized physiotherapy, Comprehensive Rehabilitation services
At Burjeel Hospital, we realize that International Patients looking for treatment in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates have special needs and requirements. We provide customized services to ensure that the stay of an international patient at Burjeel is as comfortable as possible.
Assistance in Finding a Doctor
With a wide range of medical professionals on board, you can easily choose your doctor. However, if you are undecided on which doctor to consult, we will assist you in finding one. Once you provide us your medical records (X rays, CT/MRI scan, USG, pathological reports etc.) as well as details on your medical condition, our experts will get in touch with you to explain the treatment protocol.
Once you receive details of the treatment options and should you choose Burjeel as your Healthcare partner, we can extend our help to make sure your travel and treatment in the UAE is of world class standards.
Scheduling an Appointment
If you would like to send a query or request for an appointment, kindly fill the form. Our international team will get in touch with you for further help.
After reviewing your medical reports our team of doctors will diagnose your ailment and recommend a course of treatment. Based on this, we will then estimate the cost of treatment. The cost estimation service is free for you.
For your convenience we offer a number of payment modes:
- Wire Transfer - Transfer money directly from your bank account to Burjeel Hospital's account – it takes about 7 working days for the funds to be credited.
- Send us the scanned copy of the money transfer receipt; this will be used to help you settle your bill. On discharge, any excess amount will be refunded to you and any shortfall will have to be paid in cash.
- We will send you our bank details on request. The transferred amount cannot be used for bill settlement unless you provide us with a copy of the wire transfer receipt
- Direct payment at the hospital - Pay your hospital bill at the hospital directly through cash, card, or traveller's cheques. We accept all major credit cards.
- Insurance - If your medical insurance policy covers services rendered overseas, we will be happy to discuss payment options with your insurance provider.
Full Assistance during Stay
Our dedicated International patients' team work hard to fulfill your every need. From Visa to travel assistance, our team takes care of the whole process. Additionally the International Patients team:
- Fix the initial consultation with the doctor(s)
- Schedule standard pre-surgical tests required
- Explain your pre/post-surgical medication to you
- Make sure you get a comprehensive written medical report on discharge
- Organize daily email updates to your referring doctor and your family back home
- Assistance in Hotel Booking - Our International patient's team arranges accommodation for you depending on your budget close to the hospital. You can chose from a number of options ranging from nearby service apartments, deluxe hotels and even luxurious 5-star hotels.
Other Facilities like hospital visits, on-call doctor, cab services and emergency ambulance can also be arranged by us on payment basis.
- Airport Transfer - Before you arrive at the Airport, a staffer from our hospital will be sent to meet you. The name and contact details of the person will be sent to you in advance. The staffer will then guide you to the hospital or the accommodation. In case you are unable to locate the staffer at the airport, you can get in touch with our International patient coordinator.
- Interpreter Service - Our hospital staff are multilingual are familiar with English and Arabic language. But we can arrange for interpreters, if necessary.
- Updating family back home - The Guest Relations Executive assigned to you will update your referral doctor and arrange to connect you with your family to let them know about your progress. Though the preferred medium of communication is email, you can opt for telephone or fax if you prefer.
- Local Sightseeing - So you're feeling well enough to want to take in the local sights and indulge in some retail therapy?
That's a compliment to us, and we'll be delighted to help you with local sightseeing after your treatment is complete.