Dr. Megha Mathur, a Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, completed her Master’s from Rajasthan University in India in 2008 and completed her MRCOG, in London. She completed a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery and cosmetic gynecology. She has more than 10 years of work experience as a Consultant in India and has worked in a leading government hospital in UAE for 5 years. She is empathetic towards her patient and believes in patient-centered care. Her areas of expertise include,
- Preconception counseling
- Normal and Cesarean delivery
- High-risk pregnancy
- Management of miscarriage
- Cancer screening and prevention
- Contraceptive counseling (IUCD insertion and removal)
- Ultrasound (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Management of Gynaecological diseases e.g., PCOD, fibroids, cysts, menstrual disorders, etc
- Minimal invasive surgery
- Hysterectomy (Abdominal/ Vaginal/ Laparoscopic)
- Hysteroscopic procedures e.g., missed IUCD, polyps etc
- Vaginal surgery for pelvic floor repair, vaginal tightening, etc
- Aesthetic gynecology
- Menopause counselling and management
Awards & Achievements
- Certificate course in Infertility, Endoscopy & Ultrasonography training program from FOGSI recognized center in Gujrat, India.
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic surgery.
- Fellowship in Cosmetic Gynecology.
- Hysteroscopy fellowship.
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty, Dept. of Clinical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Sharjah, UAE.
- Member of audit team for developing clinical practice guidelines (CPG) related to incidence of surgical site infections in obstetrics & gynecological surgeries
Research & Publications
- Dissertation entitled "Role of sublingual Misoprostol for pre-operative cervical priming in first trimester medical termination of pregnancy: Efficacy and side-effects.
- Combined spinal-epidural anaesthesia for caesarean section in a patient with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Anaesth Clinical Pharmacology. April-June 2012;Vol 28(2): 273-4.
- Amniotic fluid embolism: A diagnostic dilemma. Anaesth Essays and Res; 2011 5(2): 227-30
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- Member of the Federation of Obstetric & Gynaecological Society of India (FOGSI)