Dr. Hossam Elbarbary, Consultant in Ophthalmology. He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Ophthalmology, Glasgow, UK (MRCS). He is a Lecturer and Staff member of Alexandria University Faculty of Medicine, Egypt. He completed his M.D./Ph.D. degree in 2011 and a master’s degree in 2006 From Alexandria University, Egypt. He is experienced in the Diagnosis and management of different Medical and Surgical Eye Diseases. His areas of expertise include,
- Phacoemulsification with IOL implantation
- Extracapsular cataract extraction with primary IOL implantation
- Secondary intraocular lens implantation
- Lasik and PRK refractive surgeries
- Cross-linkage for Keratoconus
- Lid operations as (simple ptosis cases, blepharoplasty, entropion, ectropion, and simple lid masses as chalazion)
- Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) with lacrimal intubation
- Pterygium with or without graft and ocular surface masses excision
- Examination and diagnosis of general ophthalmic conditions and spectacles prescription
- Periodic retinal examination for diabetic patients
- Intraocular pressure measurement follow-up for Glaucoma patients
Research & Publications
- Master's degree thesis: Diagnosis and Management of Vertical Ocular Deviations. (Scientific Theses)
- Doctor degree thesis: Lateral Orbital Approach to Intraorbital Lesions. (Scientific Theses)
- Delta Journal of Ophthalmology 2011; 12(2): 174-84. Lateral Orbitotomy for Management of Intraorbital Lesions In Alexandria University Hospital: Two Years Of Surgical Experience. (Published Research Papers)
- Elbarbary HE, Idriss HF (2018) A Case of Orbital Fibrous Histiocytoma: Case Report. J Clin Exp Opthamol 9: 719. doi:10.4172/2155-9570.1000719 (Published Research Papers)
- Elbarbary HE (2018) Evaluation of the Cosmetic and Functional Outcomes of the Subciliary Incision for External Dacryocystorhinostomy. J Clin Exp Opthamol 9: 720. doi:10.4172/2155-9570.1000720 (Published Research Papers)
- E. Abd El Latif et al (2018). Pattern of Scleritis in an Egyptian Cohort, Ocular Immunology, and Inflammation. (Published Research Papers)
- E. Abd El Latif et al (2019). Pattern of Retinal Vasculitis in an Egyptian Cohort, Ocular Immunology and Inflammation. (Published Research Papers)
- E. Abd El Latif et al (2019). Pattern of Intermediate Uveitis in an Egyptian Cohort, Ocular Immunology and Inflammation. (Published Research Papers)
Education & Training
- Member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, MRCS (Ophth) (Glasgow) in 2021, United Kingdom.
- Doctor of Ophthalmology (M.D./Ph.D.), Alexandria University 2011, Egypt.
- Master of Ophthalmology, Alexandria University 2006, Egypt.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO).
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS).
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS).
- European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS).
- The Egyptian Ophthalmological Society (EOS).
- The Delta Ophthalmological Society of Egypt (DOSE).
- The Egyptian Society of Ocular Implants and Refractive Surgery (ESOIRS).
- The Ophthalmic Plastic Society of Egypt (OPSE).