Dr. Jathin Sam Thekkethil is a Specialist Otolaryngologist (ENT) at Burjeel Medical Centre, Al Zeina, with over five years of experience in adult, pediatric, and general ENT in India and the UAE. He earned his MBBS in 2012 from Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre in Kerala and his MS (Master of Science) (ENT) in 2016 from BLDE’s Shri. B. M. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre in Karnataka. He previously worked as a specialist and faculty at a prestigious medical college in Kerala and a specialist in Dubai. Dr. Jathin’s areas of expertise include sleep disorders in children, sleep apnea, vertigo, balance disorders, and allergy. He performs coblation surgery for pediatric sleep disorders (adenoid hyperplasia) and has presented talks and lectures at several ENT conferences. He received his Fellowship in sleep apnea from the Indian Association of Sleep Apnea Surgeons in 2020. Dr. Jathin has over a decade of research experience and numerous publications in international and national journals. He is passionate about healthcare administration and integrating information technology into healthcare delivery. Dr. Jathin was a member of his previous institutions’ administrative and medical informatics teams. Dr. Jathin has a combined experience of over five years in treating,
- Ear diseases such as ear pain, discharge, bleeding, trauma, hearing loss, tinnitus, and vertigo
- Nasal airway obstruction and blockage, nasal allergies, headaches, and paranasal sinus diseases are common.
- Throat infections such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis, and acid reflux.
- Laryngeal diseases and voice changes
- Snoring and sleep apnea in adults and children
- Foreign bodies in the ears, nose, and throat
- Ear wax removal, microscopic and endoscopic examination of the ears, as well as ear-piercing
- Endoscopy of the nasal cavity, nasopharyngoscopy, and laryngoscopy (throat endoscopy)
- screening and diagnosis of head and neck cancers
- Adult and pediatric general ENT surgeries on a routine basis
Awards & Achievements
- MBA in Hospital & Health Systems Management from the prestigious Birla Institute of Technology & Science – Pilani (BITS-Pilani)
- Editor of Otolaryngology Open Journal
- External Monitor for Intensified Pulse Polio Immunization Program 2012, A National Polio Surveillance Project (A Government of India and World Health Organization collaboration)
- Certificate of Achievement by Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore on Innovations and IT Management