Dr. Izhar Hashmi has 34 years of experience in cardiovascular and general medicine in UK, Middle East and Pakistan including over 19 years’ experience of cardiovascular medicine in the United Kingdom. He has trained and worked in the state-of-the-art, high volume, internationally renowned tertiary care University Hospitals in the UK, including Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Manchester University Hospitals, Salford Royal University Hospital, Lancashire Cardiac Centre Blackpool Teaching Hospital, Freeman Hospital Newcastle upon Tyne and South Yorkshire Cardiac Centre Sheffield Teaching Hospital. Most recently he has been practising as a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust United Kingdom, where he was engaged in treating complex cases of interventional cardiology including Primary PCI for Acute ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction, multi-vessel PCI, complex bifurcation PCI, IVUS, OCT, and also supervising and training cardiology specialty training registrars. Dr Izhar Hashmi is U.K Board Certified (CCT) in Interventional Cardiology and has the Membership of Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) United Kingdom and Certification of European Examination in General Cardiology. After completing his General Physician and Cardiology Training from King Edward Medical University Hospital and Punjab Institute of Cardiology he moved to UK and achieved a prestigious National Training Number (NTN) England, through an open competition for a structured specialist training in Interventional Cardiology and General Cardiology leading to award of CCT-UK Cardiology. Dr Hashmi is GCP trained cardiovascular researcher with substantial experience as Investigator for a number of multi-centre international cardiovascular research trials. He has been invited to present his research work to the annual meetings of British Cardiovascular Society and American College of Cardiology, PCR London Valves and EuroPCR in Paris. He has abstracts and publications in reputed journals like American Heart Journal, JACC, Open Heart, Cardiovascular Revascularization Medicine and EuroIntervention.
- Complex coronary interventions including Primary PCI for Acute ST Elevation MI, multi-vessel, complex bifurcation and Left Main Stem PCI, Rotablation, IVUS, OCT, Intra-aortic balloon pump and CTO PCI.
- Transthoracic echocardiography.
- Ischemic Heart disease (chest pain and heart attack)
- Heart failure management. Heart rhythm disorders and palpitations, implantable Loop Recorder.
- Syncope and Loss of Consciousness (fainting/blackouts)
- Cholesterol and lipid disorders.
- Management of high blood pressure.
- Heart valve diseases and disorders.
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases.