Dr. Jisoon Park is a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon at Burjeel Hospital. He received his medical degree from South Korea and underwent five years of residency and fellowship training in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at SNUH. He is also a Member of the Korean Medical Association, the Korean Orthopedic Association, the Korean Shoulder and Elbow Society, the Korean Society of Sports Medicine, the Korean Orthopedic Ultrasound Society, and a reviewer for the American Journal of Sports Medicine. Dr. Jisoon Park served as a Military Doctor for three years in the 201 Special Forces in South Korea and was a Clinical Professor at Korea University Anam Hospital before moving to the UAE, where he worked as a Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon and Head of Department in a well-reputed government and private institutions. With more than 15 years of experience, Dr. Jisoon Park’s areas of expertise include,
- Trauma and sports injuries of the shoulder and elbow
- Arthroscopic procedures in the shoulder and elbow
- Arthroplasty in the shoulder (anatomical and reverse)
- Ultrasound-guided procedures in the upper extremity
Awards & Achievements
- Global Perspective Session in 2016 AAOS, Orlando
- Best Poster Award Session in 2017 SECEC, Berlin
- Reviewer, Clinics in Shoulder and Elbow
- Reviewer, American Journal of Sports Medicine
Research & Publications
- Chung SW, Park JS, Kim SH, Shin SH, Oh JH. Quality of life after arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: evaluation using SF-36 and an analysis of affecting clinical factors. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012 Mar;40(3):631-9. PubMed PMID: 22190415.
- Park JS, Baek GH, Gong HS. Modified extensor carpi radialis brevis adductorplasty for ulnar nerve palsy. Techniques in hand & upper extremity surgery. 2012 Jun;16(2):86-90. PubMed PMID: 22627933
- Oh JH, Kim JY, Chung SW, Park JS, Kim do H, Kim SH, et al. Warmed irrigation fluid does not decrease perioperative hypothermia during arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery: official publication of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and the International Arthroscopy Association. 2014 Feb;30(2):159-64.
- Park JS, McGarry MH, Campbell ST, Seo HJ, Lee YS, Kim SH, et al. The Optimum Tension for Bridging Sutures in Transosseous-Equivalent Rotator Cuff Repair: A Cadaveric Biomechanical Study. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 Sep;43(9):2118-25.
- Park JS, Park HJ, Kim SH, Oh JH. Prognostic Factors Affecting Rotator Cuff Healing After Arthroscopic Repair in Small to Medium-sized Tears. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 Oct;43(10):2386-92.
- Kim SH, Kim do Y, Kwon JE, Park JS, Oh JH. Perianchor Cyst Formation Around Biocomposite Biodegradable Suture Anchors After Rotator Cuff Repair. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015 Dec;43(12):2907-12.
- Oh JH, Lee YH, Kim SH, Park JS, Seo HJ, Kim W, et al. Comparison of Treatments for Superior Labrum-Biceps Complex Lesions With Concomitant Rotator Cuff Repair: A Prospective, Randomized, Comparative Analysis of Debridement, Biceps Tenotomy, and Biceps Tenodesis. Arthroscopy. 2016;32(6):958-67.
- Kim DH, Kim DY, Choi HY, Park JS, Lee YH, Oh JH. Assessment of Capsular Insertion Type and of Capsular Elongation in Patients with Anterior Shoulder Instability and It's Correlation with Surgical Outcome: A Quantitative Assessment with Computed Tomography Arthrography. Clinics in Shoulder & Elbow. Sep2016;19 (3), 155-62 9.
- Park JS, Kim SH, Jung HJ, Lee YH, Oh JH. A Prospective Randomized Study Comparing the Interference Screw and Suture Anchor Techniques for Biceps Tenodesis. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2017 Feb; 45(2);440-448
- Park JS, Lee JH, Jeong WK. Distinctive Scapular Dyskinesis With Hypertrophy of the Serratus Anterior Muscle on Computed Tomography: A Case Report. International Journal of Athletic Therapy & Training. 2018 Jan. DOI10.1123/ijatt.2017-0062
- Park JS, Lee JH, , Hwang HJ, Jeong WK. Time to peak torque and acceleration time are altered in male patients following traumatic shoulder instability. The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2018 Apr. DOI10.1016/j.jse.2018.02.046
- Oh JH, Shin SJ, Cho CH, Seo HJ, Park JS, Rhee YG. Reliability of the Instability Severity Index Score as a Predictor of Recurrence after Arthroscopic Anterior Capsulolabral Reconstruction: A Multicenter Retrospective Study. Clinics in Orthopedic Surgery, 2019 Nov. DOI10.4055/cios.2019.11.4.445
- Kwon JE, Park JS, Park HB, Nam KP, Seo HJ, Kim W, Lee YH, Jeon YD, Oh JH. Arthroscopic treatment of septic arthritis of the shoulder: Technical pearls to reduce the rate of reoperation. Clinics in Shoulder and Elbow, 2020 Feb. DOI10.5397/cise.2019.00402
- Park JS, Lee JH, Jeong WK. Which muscle performance can be improved after arthroscopic Bankart repair? The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 2020
- Oh JH, Park JS, Rhee SM, Park JH. Maximum Bridging Suture Tension Provedes Better Clinical Outcomes in Transosseous-Equivalent Rotator Cuff Repair: A clinical, Prospective Randomized Comparative Study. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 2020 Jul; 48(9); 2129-2136. DOI10.1177
- Lee DK, Hong KT, Lim TS, Lee EG , Lee YH, Park JS , Kim W , Oh JH , Choi JA, Song YN. Alterations in articular cartilage T2 star relaxation time following mechanical disorders: in vivo canine supraspinatus tendon resection models. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorder. 2020 Jul 2;21(a):424. DOI 10.1186
- Park JS, Lee JH, Jeong WK. Importance of initial peak torque of the supraspinatus muscle during shoulder flexion. Clinics in Orthopedic Surgery. 2022 Jun; 14(2); 272-280. DOI 10.4055/cios21133
- Park JS, Lee JH, Park HJ, Ryoo HJ, Jeong WK. Are Rotator Muscle Performance and Posterior Shoulder Capsule Tightness Related to Glenohumeral Internal Rotation Deficit in Male College Baseball Players? Clinics in Orthopedic Surgery. 2022 Dec. DOI 10.4055/cios21212
- Korean Medical Association
- Korean Orthopedic Association
- Korean Shoulder and Elbow Society
- Korean Society of Sports Medicine
- Korean Orthopedic Ultrasound Society