Dr. Hala Fathi Hannot is an Egyptian ophthalmologist working in the field since 2005 and as an Oculoplastic and Pediatric Ophthalmologist since 2014. She worked in various setups in different countries, including Egypt, Oman, the UK, India, Pakistan. She moved to UAE in 2014 and worked in Dubai and Al Ain. She was a Pediatric Ophthalmologist at Al Towayya Children Specialty Center, Seha, Al Ain, and Oculoplastic Private Center in Dubai before joining Burjeel Royal Hospital, Al Ain. Her areas of expertise include the evaluation and management of,
- Management of eye diseases in children and adults.( allergy/ inflammation / infections )
- Headache Management and optic nerve examinations.
- Management of squint in children and adults.
- Management of ocular and eyelids injuries and foreign body removal.
- Treatment and surgeries of eyelid diseases and masses.
- Blepharoplasty, cosmetic eyelid surgery.
- Pterygium excision ( sufer’s eye) and conjunctivoplasty.
- Management of poor vision, errors of refraction in children and adults.
- Management of lazy eyes in children.
- Management of computer vision diseases.
- Management of watery eye and lacrimal glands diseases in newborn, children and adults.
- Evaluation and management of high ocular pressure (Glaucoma).
- Evaluation and management of cataract and age related vision problems.
- Ocular and Retina exam for diabetes, hypertension heart disease , thyroid , rheumatic patients , SLE , multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis and patients on long term medication & chemotherapy.
- Management of diabetic related eye problems.
- Management of thyroid eye disease.
- YAG laser for intraocular lens fog clearance which happens after years from cataract surgery.
- Argon laser for treatment of retinal conditions.
- YAG and SLT laser for glaucoma management.
Education & Training
- MSC, FRCS & MRCS UK