Dr. Seema Punnoose is an ENT specialist at Burjeel Hospital, Abu Dhabi, specializing in endoscopic sinus surgery, endoscopic tympanoplasty, micro laryngoscopy, and vertigo therapy. She is an established healthcare practitioner with substantial operational and surgical expertise spanning 16 years. Besides winning a gold medal at the 2003 South Zone Conference, Dr. Seema has multiple international publications in the American Journal of Otolaryngology, USA, and the Journal of Otology and Laryngology, UK. She earned her medical degree from Bangalore University and a postgraduate degree in otolaryngology from the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in Karnataka, India.
Awards & Achievements
- Gold Medal in 2003 for Paper Presentation at AOICON, South Zone
- 2nd Prize in Poster Presentation at 4th National Conference in 2005
Research & Publications
- Mucocele of Submandibular Salivary Gland Mimicking Deep Plunging Ranula in Radiological Examination- A Stepwise Surgical Exploration.
- American Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (ISSN 2640-6640).
- Endoscopic Paring Down of Fibrous Dysplasia of the Middle Turbinate.
- European Journal of Rhinology and Allergy. April 2019; 2(1): 24-8. DOI: 10.5152/ejra.2019.99
- C-MAC® Video-laryngoscope assisted removal of pediatric upper airway foreign body via apneic technique: Two case reports.
- SAGE Open Medical Case reported on Jan 12, 2019. https://DOI.org/10.1177/2050313X18823088
- Evaluation of the Hearing Results after Mastoid tympanoplasty Operation with or without Ossiculoplasty - a percentage (%) change versus absolute change; a different methodology.
- Indian Journal of Otology Vol 24:148-156, July- Sept 2018. DOI: 10.4103/Indian J Otol.INDIANJOTOL_128_17
- A sequential pictorial account of Sealant Gel aided cable nerve grafting in a case of iatrogenic facial nerve palsy: a case report.
- Indian Journal of Otology. DOI: 10.4103/09717749.165760
- Hoarseness Due to Right Vocal Cord Paralysis Associated with Aortic Diverticulum from Right Aortic Arch—A Rare and Unusual Vascular Etiology of Right Vocal Cord Paralysis.
- International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 2015, 4, 99-103. DOI:10.4236/ijohns.2015.42018
- Lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of parapharyngeal space—A case report with review of the literature.
- International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 2015, 4, 163-168. 10.4236/ijohns.2015.42028
- Avulsion of Malleo-incudal complex with dislocation- a rare ossicular chain injury using an indigenous claw-like ear hook with the literature review
- Indian Journal of Otology; Vol 20:146-9. DOI: 10.4103/0971-7749.136881
- Cervico-facial soft tissue emphysema with pneumo-mediastinum following endoscopic sinus surgery: A related or unrelated complication dilemma.
- International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery, 2013, 2;86-89. DOI: 10.4236/ijohns.2013.23021
- Nasal Septal Abscess- a rare complication in postoperative sinus surgery cavity: Asian Journal of Ear, Nose, and Throat- October-December 2012, Pg14-17. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322330396
- Deep and unusual sialolithiasis of submandibular duct and gland –Indian Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Vol 65, Issue 4, pp 309-313 DOI: 10.1007/s12070-012-0503-z
- The Role of Three-dimensional CT Reconstruction in the Management of Elongated Styloid Process- A Preliminary Study Journal of Laryngology & Otology, U.K., Vol 121, Issue 04, Apr 2007, pp 349-353. https://DOI.org/10.1017/S0022215106003276
- Application of Potassium- Titanyl- Phosphate (KTP) Laser in the Excision of Pyriform Fossa Hemangioma
- American Journal of Otolaryngology, USA Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 136-138 on March-April 2006. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjoto.2005.07.016 Frontal sinus osteoma- A difficult surgical decision in the era of endoscopic sinus surgery. American Journal of Otolaryngology, USA. Nov-Dec;32(6):611-4. DOI: 10.1016/j.a